Thursday, 31 March 2016

Poem for the Kings Cross McDonalds (North Side)



I remember a storyline in Grange Hill from the mid-80s that was all about a School Trip to Wales.

Roland Browning (the big kid who was teased for being big) was shown an act of kindness by his gym teacher.
He unexpectedly set him the task of:
sitting at the top of a Welsh hillside, eating a Welsh cake, with Welsh butter, and writing a poem about how it made him feel.



I don't know what made me think about it just now, but it inspired me to
sit at the top of the Kings Cross McDonalds (North Side),
eating a Kings Cross McDonalds (North Side) Sausage Egg McMuffin
with a Kings Cross McDonalds (North Side) Latte,
and writing a poem about how it made me feel.
There.


My free guide to Understanding Your British Dad is here

Previous post...
Today I live. Today I travel by National Express Coach.


Subscribe by email here -- it helps me keep this blog going, knowing that it's going out to you, so thanks...