Friday, 8 January 2016

My very last Sacred and Profane... and I've got more Profanes than Sacreds. A lot more.



Poetry on estate agents boards

From this brilliant article by Ariane Sherine.


Basically, turns out there's a guy in Kentish Town (near where I grew up in London)...
and he puts his poetry up on estate agents boards outside his house.

It's lovely, and Sacred and Profane.

Poetry (sacred) plus Estate Agents (profane)
Art (sacred) plus Advertising (profane)

Sacred and Profane is a theory that art is more powerful when two ideas from the worlds of the Sacred and the Profane are combined.

So this is it.

My very last list of Sacred and Profane.

And I've ended up with loads more Profanes than Sacreds.

I can't even put them in a nice table box, so here they are as a scrappy list.



Valley
Gift
Song









Angry voice
Actor/Actress
Engineer
Paint
Falling over
Dirty
Lottery
Punk
Racism
Demon

Muck
Vanity
Scratched
Scowl
Processed food
Discharge
Chains
Fad
Spree
Neon

Wages
Sudden


I'm still plucking up the courage to make a video next week when I randomly draw five sacreds and put them with five profanes.

I'll put everything into the Hat of Art. I don't know if I'll commit to the combinations as they come out (like some kind of football team draw), or if I can get a bit of a switcheroo to jig them around once all ten words are out. I'll do both.
I've got to make the video now.


Do you have any Sacreds I've missed?!? Comments below

The (now complete) big fat list of Sacred and Profanes is here

Previous post...
Saw a London bus wheelchair ramp accident today. Should I blog it?


And thanks for subscribing to me by email, here, it helps me keep this thing going...