Tuesday, 5 January 2016

My Dad picked up Luke Skywalker in 1977 #BritishDadStuff #StarWars



"Whos the young one in that Star Wars Neil?"

So only now do I find out that Dad picked up Mark Hamill in his taxi off the Kings Road in 1977.

"Not Harrison Ford... or that princess in the white dress, the other one - the young one"

"Luke Skywalker?"

"Dunno - he was wearing a Beano badge.

I said "What you doing wearing that badge - my son's got one of them at home... And he's five!" (That was me).

"And he said that he "just sort of liked the look of it."

"Struck me as a really nice bloke. Could take a laugh. Very pleasant chap."

And my Dad thought I wouldn't be interested in that.

Until it occurred to him now.

That was my unexpected Star Wars (cast) review.



All my British Dad Stuff is here

Previous post...
13 Other things you do not know about the woman from that Gucci Bamboo advert...


Get these by email. Every day. Bung me your address here.