Friday, 13 November 2015

Dogs pooing in the back of family photos. Love it cos it's sacred and profane, and here's some more. #amwriting

Every Friday I add to my lists of Sacred and Profane.
Two opposites, which if you put them together sometimes generates funnier or more dramatic prompts and ideas.
I think next year, I'll put all of these into two hats and draw them out each week.
Like some kind of Euromillions draw...

Anyway, here's the ten of each for this week.



Dogs pooing in the back of family photos.

At first sight, it looks like
Family photos (sacred) vs. Excretion (profane)

But it could also be...

Natural behaviour (sacred) vs. Posing (profane)

Dogs (nature=sacred) vs. Photography (technology=profane)

There's a whole load of them online.



Zen
Reading
Help
Cheyenne
Suburban
Prayer
Turf
Slow
Cottage
Order


Copying
Trucking
Boasting
Baubles
Kazoo
Yelling
Whiteboard
Pride
Air bags
Facebook


The big fat list of Sacred and Profanes is here

I'm running short on Sacreds... can you think of any?
I'd appreciate any comments below

or tweet me!

Previous post...
Any and every James Hunt documentary... My Fave TV #32


And sending out the blog daily by email. If it helps to sign up, just give me your email address here. It really helps me keeping this beast alive, thanks!