Friday, 20 November 2015

Cheerleaders meeting actual men. It's jawdropping cos it's sacred and profane, and here's my next ten. #amwriting



"Sacred and Profane" is a theory that if you put two polar opposites together:

something inherently "Good" (sacred) and "Evil" (profane)

they generate something more powerful, compelling, jawdropping or funny.

I'm finding it really difficult to get hold of any more "Sacreds"
- got loads of profanities, for some reason.

So before that well runs completely dry... behold...




Competition winners meeting a Lakers cheerleader

You know it's wrong.
You know it's really funny.
But what is it?

Family photo (sacred) vs. advertising (profane)

or

Pristine (sacred) vs. messy (profane)

or

Real life (sacred) vs. marketing image (profane)

or

Feminine (sacred) vs. Male (profane)

Who cares, there are bunches more here



and here's my new ten of each for this week.




Cloth
Inscription
Traditional
Silk
Bishop
Face
Kitchen
Musical
Female
Meadow


Gutter
Execution
Electrolarynx
Miserliness
Short-Term
Projector
Adornments
Rusty
Whip
Greed


The (nearly complete) big fat list of Sacred and Profanes is here

I'm REALLY running low on Sacreds... can you think of any?
Huge appreciation for any in comments below

or tweet me!

What do you think? Comments below All my British Dad Stuff is here

Previous post...
Austerity Star Wars gift idea - Darth Vader Action Figure #TightwadDad


Previous post... click here Get these posts daily by email. And thanks for bunging me your email address here, it helps me keep this blog going...