Thursday, 3 September 2015

100 Rainbows. Thats one hundred episodes of Rainbow, on youtube #BritishDadStuff



Geoffrey, George, Bungle and Zippy... and Rod, Jane and Freddy.

This was the pre-school kids show I grew up with.

The theme, even the timing of that segue from the Thames ident into the theme is hard-wired in my brain.

It wasn't as edgy as Pipkins.
But it still had that un-BBC Thames tone to it.

Rainbow was to Play School as Magpie and CBTV Channel-14 were to Blue Peter.

And the archive owners have now put one hundred of them online, on youtube.

Here's a random one I tried out on the kids.



It was a few weeks ago, and I've still got that (slightly sinister) "We're clowns..." song in my head.

With Rod, Jane and Roger. I always remember preferring Rod, Jane and Freddy.
No disrespect to Roger, but the group's name obviously scanned better with Freddy.



All my #BritishDadStuff is here

Previous post...
We've got no scripts! How the 1 o clock news almost stayed on the air in 1986


Get these posts by email...