Thursday, 14 May 2015

Some of the last of the 81 words I've had to add to my phone's in-built dictionary. Like sheesh.



Here's the final snapshot of the kind of words I mash into my phone.

And then click on 'add to dictionary' so I won't have to mash them in again...

...actual words from my Android phone's internal spellchecker personal dictionary.

Roald
- as in Dahl

rotters
- because I live in the 1950s. It's very handy word to use around 6 and 4 year olds though.

scootering
- another one for my kids. Love this word: It's what they do in the park. On scooters.

sheesh
- another handy word around toddlers.

soundbite
- type this a lot. Instead of "the things that they say".

spose
- guess there's no apostrophe in foneland.

storylining
- easier to type than "making stuff up".

Taoiseach
- absolutely no idea why I added this word for the Irish Premier to my personal dictionary. Reminds me of the Tim Binns souvenir joke: "My friend went to Dublin, and all I got was this stupid Taoiseach "

thang
- no idea why this is in there either.

thnx
- always a friendly thanks

trad
- an ironically untraditional word

vid & vids
- singular and plural laziness

vis
- not to be confused with vids. As in hi-vis vest.

vlogger & vlogging
- one day I'll do this, thinking that it's easier than typing.

VO
- voiceover. which will be the easiest way to do my vlogging.

Yankey
- as in Rachel. Star of the Footy Pups. [LINK]


You got any weird words spellchecked in your phone?

Tweet me them here, or leave a comment!
(If you can find the comment link - there's a tiny word below "marked comments").


Previous post...
nutter. Another few from my list of 81 words that I've added to my Android phone spellchecker


Some of my other Dad Stuff For My Kids is here

I send these posts out daily by email... Subscribe here.