Friday, 1 May 2015

I think up 50% more things that are Profane than Sacred... Comedy writing theory. Here's what I've got.



A toddler (sacred) who is a pig (profane) combines for the Babe stories and films (Sacred and Profane).

Every Friday I try to add to my lists of Sacred and Profane
- two extremes that are sometimes more funny or shocking or compelling because they're so wrong together.

What's weird is that on the big list I'm keeping (link below), I'm currently thinking up 50% more Profane things than Sacred.

SACRED

Palace
Ice sculpture
War monument
Paralympics
Native Americans
Children's books
Intensive Care Unit
Green Power
Organic
Raw fish
PROFANE

Spray paint
Industrial park/units
Vomit
Cheap booze
Reduced price
Mobile phone masts
Loyalty cards
Cracks/Cracked
Diggers
Open All Night

But the full list of Sacred and Profane is here...

Previous post...
My son blowing up my phone. With another gadget. (adventures of a #tightwaddad)


Get these by email... and thanks, cos signing up here helps me keep this blog going...