Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Faff. More of the 81 words I've had to add to my phone dictionary because I am British. And me.



Guy Fawkes Day.

Yep Google, Guy Fawkes Day is exactly what I call it.


Here are some more of the 81 words I've added to my Android phone's dictionary.


googlejuice
- Google want to keep this secret sauce secret, so no wonder it's not in their built-in dictionary

Estee
- if this were in CAPS it would be LAUDER. (Why did I add that?!)

fab
- maybe the most British word

faff
- or this one

FirstWorldProblems
- looking at this dictionary is another one of my own FirstWorldProblems

fone
- always easier and more friendly to misspell this

GFX
- TV term

gigglebiz
- done a few of these cbeebies juggernauts

goss
- hate it. hate myself. it's there.

hashtag
- funny that the word itself isn't in the Android personal dictionary

headsup
- been in every phone I've owned. CNN infected me with this one.

Hiya
- ugh.

hols
- "vacation" can't be shortened. Trust us British to shorten ours.

infographics
- horrible word for horrible pictures

Irished
- what I do to coffee. Get some whiskey and Irish it up a little.

Jase
- everyone knows a Jase


More words tomorrow.


Some of my other Dad Stuff For My Kids is here

Previous post...
bumholes. And other words I've added to Googles dictionary. Because I am British. And me.


Get this blog by email... Subscribe here.