Sunday, 10 May 2015

81 words I've had to manually add to my Android phone because I'm British. And me.



My phone comes with an in-built "British" dictionary. But it's more like a Briddish dictionary.

Here some words I've added over the year to make it my own.

81 words I've had to manually add to my Android phone because I'm British. And me.

ack
- a noise I let out on something harsh.

ad
- you'd think Google of all organisations would have this word in their vocabulary.

ALT
- something I type for an alternate gag.

ansafone
- the best word for that thing. I've always liked it better than voicemail.

AOTP
- as in All Over The Place, a TV show I worked on.

AP
- someone who works in TV

ars-[expletive deleted]
- someone who works in TV.

aw
- a noise I let out on something harsh.

B-roll
- guessing that you have your own words for work that don't pop up on your phone dictionary. This is one from my industry.

ballsup
- see above

barista
- really don't know why this isn't in the dictionary.

bedblocking
- a really disgusting word that the media uses to report a complex situation solely from the viewpoint of NHS Hospital Trust communications officers. The one post I haven't yet written is "My Mum was the best bedblocker in London." It will happen. I need to get it out of my system.

beeb
- as in BBC.

Bolan
- as in Marc. No idea why I hit the "Add to dictionary" button though.


Another 16 tomorrow...

All my Dad Stuff For My Kids is here

Previous post...
I'm still thinking up things that are Sacred and Profane and combining the two for a big fat list here... comedy writing theory...


Subscribe here by email...