Thursday, 1 January 2015

Daddanomics... the economics of being a tightwad dad. Explained here.



Daddanomics... the economics of being a Dad works like this.

"Last week, I worked for two hours...
...so that I can afford to spend half an hour with you now, in Caffe Nero."

Dads do sums like this.
It's called Daddanomics.

The economics of being a tightwad dad.

I wish I could turn that part of my brain off.
But I can't.

I wish I could earn more money.
But I can't.

So when I'm with my family - who I'm earning the money for - I'm not earning the money.

How can I just get paid, for just being with my family?

Or... how can I get my family to spend less.
And just embrace the fact that I might just possibly be... a tightwad dad.

It might all come out in the wrong order.

It will all come out in the wrong order.

In the meantime though, the most important thing to understand is that I am the idiot in all of this.

I've long since given up trying to be the Alpha Male in this situation.

It's like, I'm at the helm of an organisation... but the organisation won't exist if it goes bust.

That's my only job.

No-one else thinks it's my only job.

But it's my only job.


Welcome to my British Dad Stuff.

Previous post...
How my favourite comedian Mitch Hedberg did writing...


Get these by email... I'll never give your address to anyone, ever.