Monday, 16 June 2014

Tesco is selling to my son in his Infant School Classroom - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS

- Tesco is selling to my son in his Infant School Classroom -


(source: some local “news” paper. No credit. No apology.)

I work on scripting for videos - for many chains that aren't Tescos.

I like them.

Weirdly there’s something honest about companies making things directly - with their name on - instead of third-handedly throwing money at things to be sort of linked to something else.


But I bristled when I heard that Tesco took an advertising campaign into my son’s Infant School Classroom.

Don't they realise he's a Lidl (ahem, cough) Waitrose kid?

They're all at it though. So I don't know why I snapped on this one.


Getting him to wear Tesco branded aprons, and be taught about Tesco labelled products.

The campaign is called “Farm To Fork”.

I should lighten up.

If it was targeting my kids, they'd've called it

"Farm to Hands to Wall to Up The Dishwasher Cabinet to Floor"




But it's good -- It's important that he learns how PR, marketing and advertising work, even from this early age...

...So I told him Tesco put horse meat in our bolognese.




Maybe if I do this properly, one day my kids could become Prime Minister.


All my 2014 Dad Lessons For My Kids are here

Previous post...
Whats On Your Stairs Waiting To Go Up Right Now - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS


Follow me by email here...