Monday, 12 May 2014

How I tried to answer the call from a TNS survey cold caller - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS


- How I tried to answer the call from a @TNS_UK survey cold caller -



TNS COLD CALLER
Hello, I'm calling from TNS and we are conducting important research on behalf of Public Health England that will - blah - blah - blah...

(Her scripted spiel is inaudible in my brain as my daughter is tugging my leg with her tights and pants round her ankles and the son is whacking up the sound on the loud bit of Tree Fu Tom)

TNS COLD CALLER (CONTINUED)
...so would you like to answer some questions?

ME
Sure! (THEN) Er, will I get paid?

TNS COLD CALLER
No.

ME
Aww.
(THINKS, THEN) Are TNS getting paid for this?

TNS COLD CALLER
Yes.

ME
Are you getting paid for this?

TNS COLD CALLER
Yes.

ME
But I definitely won't get paid for it?

TNS COLD CALLER
No.

ME
Ahm... Can I have a think?
(LONG PAUSE)
(LONGER PAUSE)
Probably not.


See also:
HOW TO ANSWER THE PHONE TO A TELEMARKETING COLD CALLER

See also:
DADDANOMICS - THE ECONOMICS OF BEING A DAD


All my 2014 Dad Lessons For My Kids are here

Previous post...
Questions from my toddler son that I cant be arsed to look up on Wikipedia - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS


Follow me by email here... it really helps me keep this thing going, knowing that you're there...