Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Hates - People who deliberately hold their glasses to pose for photos like Martin Sorrell

Hates - People who deliberately hold their glasses to pose for photos like Martin Sorrell.

(source)

It’s not fair, and it’s not right, and I don’t believe in violence, but this picture really winds me up.

For some reason, I have a primal hatred of people who deliberately hold their glasses to pose for photos.

And I think this man started the whole thing.

I believe he is a “marketing expert”.

This stupid photo, by itself, is already having me imagining that he’s deliberately applying a theory that holding your glasses in photos will deliver some “key messaging” that this will make you look ‘pro-active’. ‘Engaged’.

It’s not an accident. He’s got form.
It's his 'thing'.

(Source)

Agh. Why?

It’s like you can’t look at me without being distracted.

Why do I know deep down that you are about to speak very slowly.

At me.

(WHILE DOING MEDIA TRAINING HAND GESTURES)
With some finger-jab half-points to punctuate your politician hand jiving while you emphasise your one-way conversation.

You don't neeed to touch them.

I promise you, they'll stay on your face even without your surefooted Alpha guidance...



No! Stop it. Everyone's at it!

I need to calm down.
Let me pause for a moment while I just hold my pen and stare into middle distance while I gather my great thoughts.

[INSERT AFFECTED SELFIE HERE]
I'm thinking:
"I need to add this to my list of hates."

All my 2014 Dad Lessons For My Kids are here

Previous post...
The theme to Toast by Matt Berry


Follow me by email here...