Monday, 7 April 2014

2 Night Minimum Stay Hotel Hilarity - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS


- 2 Night Minimum Stay Hotel Hilarity -



Had this conversation with a hotel a few weeks ago.

I need to book a hotel room for a night, which happens to be a Saturday night.

It’s a popular town, and good hotel rooms are at a premium.

So hardly any hotels rent out their rooms for the Saturday only - they insist on a 2 night minimum.

I completely understand that - that they’d want to maximise their profit.



ME:
(ON THE PHONE)
So I’m checking availability for April 5th.

HOTEL:
(ON THE PHONE)
Yes, we have only one room available that night - it’s our Queensize double.

ME:
Great, can I book it please?

HOTEL:
No, we have a policy of a 2 night minimum at weekends.

AT THIS POINT I’M THINKING I MIGHT BOOK IT FOR 2 NIGHTS.

ME:
Right, so is it available on the Friday or Sunday?

HOTEL:
No. You’d have to move to a different room on either day.

ME:
But the room’s available on Saturday though, right?

HOTEL:
Yes.

ME:
So can I book it?

HOTEL:
Only if you book another room for a second night. It’s our policy, to fill the hotel.

ME:
Sorry, I’m confused - I have to book for 2 nights, but the room isn’t available for 2 nights?

HOTEL:
No, you’ll have to move rooms on the second night. It’s our policy.

ME:
Huh.

One month on, and still can't think of an hilarious way to end this conversation with them.


All my 2014 Dad Lessons For My Kids are here

Previous post...
click here


Follow me by email here...