Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Weird Verbs - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS

- Weird Verbs -



My printer is a bit up itself.

It says "Please order more ink"

You boy! Please... order more ink.

I won't buy it on Amazon, or shoplift it from a Maplin.

No, I will “order” the ink.

Like it's a fine wine. Or food in a restaurant.

I will "order" the ink.

Before I "dump" the printer.

Because it "bust" the bank.




TV programmes do it as well. They use a really weird verb.

The voice at the end goes "For more behind the scenes footage, just “log-on” to the website".

"Log-on" - "Log-on to our website!"

Because "log-on" sounds so much more active, and sexy, than "look at".

Or “browse”.

Or “please manually type this URL into your computer so you can watch exactly the same kind of stuff that you're watching on the telly. Over there”.

All my 2014 Dad Lessons For My Kids are here

Previous post...
Twix - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS


Follow me by email here...