Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Why I hate the word Baffled - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS


DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS - Why I hate the word Baffled -



I'm baffled!
(I'm not even going to attempt to make an effort to decode or seek to understand you.)

I'm baffled!
(Better than that, I'm boasting to you that I'm not even going to attempt to make an effort to decode or seek to understand what you're telling me.)

I'm baffled!
(I'm bragging that I'm giving your train of thought a big fat shrug.)

I'm baffled!
(I haven't the courage to tell you that I think what you've said is cack. And now it's your job to muster the strength to start again to explain it to me or go away).

I'm baffled!
(I'm sitting in judgement of you, and now it's your job to muster the strength to start again to explain it to me or go away).

Journalists who regularly use the word "tellingly" in their columns deserve a good kick in the hole too. But that's for another post.


All my Dad Lessons For My Kids are here

Previous post... click here

Follow me by email here...