Wednesday, 18 September 2013

How we use NHS Direct - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS


DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS - How we use NHS Direct -

"I examined myself and emailed the pictures to NHS Direct.
Apparently, that’s not how it works."



NHS Direct is brilliant.

They just keep calm, however much you're trying not to freak out. We thought our baby had eaten a piece of jigsaw puzzle.



Some of them were chewed and had slobber on, and he was crying. We were really worried. It was an adult puzzle that he'd got hold of and we were really worried what it might do to his digestive system, or maybe it'll block his windpipe or something.

If I hold him upside down and try to get it out would I kill him through shaken baby syndrome? All of these are worries that you get when you're sleep deprived.

Anyway, we called NHS Direct, who ascertained within about 20 seconds that it was a puzzle piece made of cardboard, and they asked if we'd seen him actually eating it.

We hadn't.

So their advice was, "have you counted the pieces?"

We hadn't.

About 400 of them.

I say about 400 of them, it was exactly 400 of them.

Good old NHS Direct.


All my Dad Lessons For My Kids are here

Previous post...
Measuring It - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS


Follow me by email here...