Sunday, 11 August 2013

Words that piss me off - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS

DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS - Words That Piss Me Off -




Learned or Learnt
I always end up using 'learnt'. Feels blunter.

Cannot or Can not
Donot see what's wrong with cannot.

Lead or Led
Always end up using lead, for some reason.

While or Whilst
'Whilst' always feels too 'written'. Even though people seem to genuinely use it...

Zero or 'O'
I always flip between the two while (not whilst) reading out my credit card - like I've suddenly lost confidence in one, mid-number.

Medicine
I never understand why people swallow the 'i' and pronounce it Med-sin. I don't get it. Where did that come from?


See also: Words I have had to manually add to my Android Dictionary

Or: Words that I like


Previous post...
Friday Night Toddler Art Gallery - BLACKBOARD FREQUENCY


Click here for the latest post...