Saturday, 3 November 2012

Worst Showbiz Autobiography by Danny Baker - favourite posts on the web


Added this to my pile of favourite posts on the web...



Stewpot - Ed Stewart, The Worst Memoir In Showbiz History (by Danny Baker)
Naturally every page is soaked in this vile trite bilge. (Notably though, for an ex pirate radio DJ and BBC pop picker throughout the most tumultuous times in youth culture not a single mention of any meetings with pop stars at all) However it is in his love life that we are given the most pause.

"I met my wife when she was 13, in 1970…" P.146 (He was 34 at this point)

"I arrived (at her parents) at 7pm and was greeted at the door by what I can only describe as a 13 year old apparition! She was simply stunning." (P147)

"…(the following year, so 14 now) I travelled to Italy to see her. I had just split from Eve Graham of The New Seekers and so, as the song goes, I was "Free Again"! P153 He marries the poor girl when she is 17. Elsewhere -

Full article here
http://soreeyes.org/archive/2005/06/05/stewpot/



Click here for the full pile of all my favourite posts on the web


Here's how to get these posts direct by email

NEXT: Elderly People Crossing signs - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS --->
HOME
<--- PREVIOUS: FRIDAY NIGHT TODDLER ART GALLERY - Marks On The Bars

Click here for the latest post