Sunday, 9 September 2012

Words I have had to add manually to my android phone dictionary - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS





LESSONS FOR MY KIDS - Words I have had to add manually to my android phone dictionary

Life in 2012:
Why can't you type simple words like "at" and "go" into the HTC android keyboard and have them come up as predictive text?

I don't know. But here's some other words I've had to add to the phone's in-built dictionary myself.

abc
Alfie
Alister
apols
arse
ballache
Baz
Bermondsey
bigging
bitch
Blimey (no idea why I gave it a capital B)
Bohemian
bostin
BS (for the BS generator here)
BT
Caz
ciabatta (this is just a made up bread in the UK, right?)
Citv
Clerkenwell
dibs (as in "first"?)
docs
due
dull
Ealing
eol (toddler loves ELO and can't get the letters out quick enough)
EOP (end of part, or end of play)
ep
Euston
fanks
Farringdon
finagles
flakiness
fone
funnily (is this a quaint UK local word?)
gfx
gruffalo
gurned (okay, this is a quaint UK sport)
halfords
headsup (I know. Even close friends hate this noun.)
Hedz
Herne (as in Bay)
housebound
HQ
humax
jammie (as in dodger)
Jess
jubilee
knackered
mayday
Magnum (a key component of my regular food intake)
nads
Neasden
nobbing (I know that Android has purged all swearing... but nobbing?!)
numtums
PPS
qus
RDA
rejigging
rhapsody (see Bohemian)
RT
sesh (alright, I hate myself now)
swt
tea (yes, tea. This phone was not made for the UK)
texted (is that not a word that exists?)
tube (had to check this twice. There's tuber, but no tube in Android language)


ungry (think this was from writing my Pipkins tribute post...)
webseries
woah
ydy (so much friendlier than yesterday)
zonked


Click here for all my Dad Lessons For My Kids

DON'T MISS A THING - GET FREE UPDATES FROM ME BY EMAIL


Next: Motorway Theatre - DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS --->
HOME
<--- Previous: The RDA with John Gordillo S1E01PT2