Sunday, 23 September 2012

DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS - A look at the morning newspapers


DAD LESSONS FOR MY KIDS - Let's look at the morning papers

Life in 2012:
Newspaper reviews on TV news channels.
We have a thing at the moment, where people look at what's in the "newspapers", on "24-hour-rolling-news" channels.



The funny thing is, the events were all covered (better) on the "24-hour-rolling-news-channel" over a day ago.

They've got, probably, in any given hour, 4 to 6 live satellite news gathering trucks.
Actually at the location of "news" that's happening right now.
And then they straighten their backs, and smile, and say "time for us to take a look at the morning papers..."

I paid my licence fee. I paid my subscription.
Let's not look at the morning papers...
Let's look at... I don't know... the morning.
You've got the live feeds coming in to you right now.
Over there.

But you're pointing your live cameras, at the paper.
On an article you covered yourselves.
Yesterday.

Maybe they just want to take a break.

Maybe they are 23 hour 56 minute TV Rolling News channels.




Click here for WHEN TV NEWS GRAPHICS GO A BIT WRONG

Click here for all my Dad Lessons For My Kids

Here's why I'm doing all this, and how to follow me

NEXT: Lazy Journalism, Bein' Freelance & Your own soapbox - More favorite Seth Godins --->
HOME
<--- PREVIOUS: Sally Gray on The RDA with John Gordillo S1E01PT4