Tuesday, 19 June 2012

How do you answer the phone?




It started like this

@prodnose
"This Jeremy Hunt. Why don't he just turn it in?" Thats what my dad would have said. Nobody just "turns it in" anymore do they?

‏@NeilMossey
My favourite one of your dads was re. your writing: “You doin yer typing, son?”. Cant help it-I always default to that verb now



@Zo1975

The same as no one ever says their phone number when they pick up the home phone anymore.



@mark170667

why would anyone ever say their number when picking up home phone, afterall the other person knows number they rang ‪#pointless‬


Good point, but I completely empathise with people who miss doing the 4-digit sing-song.

For me, it's a little long.

I was always jealous of a Director mate who'd answer his mobile with his two-syllable name.

My one syllable name is too abrupt.

Answering with my full name is too silly.

"Sou-than" always hit the right balance between information and informal.

All I've got is, "Hello?"


This is how I actually answer the landline.


Click here for all my Dad Stuff


DON'T MISS A THING FREE UPDATES BY EMAIL


<--- How does it look round the back of your telly?
- HOME
Next post --->