Saturday, 26 May 2012

Engelbert Humperdinck on the BBC Xmas VT tape 1979 - All-time Fave TV #13


I'm not putting out my All-Time Favourite 100 Bits of TV out in any order, but think this might actually be my all-time fave.

Every year, TV companies in the UK used to make a Christmas tape for the office party - a not safe for work collection of bloopers, in-gags, and basicially, famous people swearing.
(Here's a random youtube search for a load...)


This is from the 1979 BBC TV VT Department Christmas tape - I think cut from outtakes from rehearsals of the 1979 special "Engelbert" directed by Stewart Morris (who features in the Eurovision control room clip linked on my first #1 Fave Bit Of TV post on the list)




It's 13 on my 100 all-time Favourite TV - The full list is here.



<-- #12 My favourite clip about writing TV sitcoms

#14 LE TOUR DE FRANCE -->


Or, help me keep doing this and don't miss a thing - follow for free BY EMAIL