Monday, 23 January 2012

One of my most favourite things on the net: What Writers Wear.


Because even though we're all on the team, we've still gotta pick sides.

And here's the corollary to the monkey/zookeeper theory: the bigger the zookeeper, the more you gotta re-affirm your monkeyness. And it's not easy believe you me...The first meeting you have with that director, the first president of production pitch, it's easy to lose your nerve and throw on that shirt you usually save for a first date.

You may as well lie down and give them your throat. It's the law of the jungle--show weakness, let them know you know they've got all the power and you're only there by their grace...

Me, if I'm meeting with someone over the v.p. level I do two things differently: first, I strap on my expensive watch. Second, I don't wear any socks.
Full blog post is here. Enjoy!
http://hucksblog.blogspot.com/2005/10/happy-day-of-atonement.html#114739466057154350



Click here for all my links to Cool Stuff

Click here for all my quotes


Click here to follow me by email with a daily post.