Sunday, 4 September 2011

Bottle, booby!



Tried describing an afternoon filming for this show at the home of legendary horse racing TV pundit, John McCririck. Through tweets.

It went something like this.

He was upstairs getting changed for us.

His wife (who he refers to (fondly) as The Booby) offered us a cup of tea.


JOHN MCCRIRICK:
(FROM UPSTAIRS) I'm sure these gents would appreciate a glass of champagne.

THE BOOBY:
(TO US) Would you like a glass?

US:
That's really kind, but we've got to get back. We've got to cut this for tomorrow.

JOHN MCCRIRICK:
(FROM UPSTAIRS) Bottle Booby.

US:
Tea'll be great, thanks.

JOHN MCCRIRICK:
(FROM UPSTAIRS - LOUDER) Bottle, Booby.

THE BOOBY:
Okay, I'll put the kettle on.

JOHN MCCRIRICK:
(FROM UPSTAIRS) BOTTLE, BOOBY.

THE BOOBY:
John, they're working - they're fine with tea. (TO US) You sure you wouldn't like a glass of something.

JOHN MCCRIRICK:
(FROM UPSTAIRS) BOTTLE BOOBY!

US:
Honestly, that's really kind we really-

JOHN MCCRIRICK:
(FROM UPSTAIRS) BOTTLE BOOBY. I INSIST! BOTTLE BOOBY!


We got the (very fine) bottle (of champagne).

In two large glasses.

And now very rarely, from time to time, I still find myself, or the director Patrick Ruddy, yelling
BOTTLE BOOBY.



CLICK HERE for all my Phrases

CLICK HERE for my Raw Lines

CLICK HERE for my Scenes


Get these posts direct by email - unsubscribe any time.